Saturday, December 5, 2009

Safe and sound. Back in Laos...Sa Bai Dee!

We crossed the border at Bao Lao into Laos this afternoon and are now nearly at the Thai border. The bus ride was uneventful (thankfully) and after some bumbling footwork on my part we found a nice guest house to bed down at. Tomorrow we'll explore the town, though it's about as happening as Stockton on a school night. That aside, it is great to again be in the land of dark matter coffee and pigs that wander the streets with impunity. More details to follow.

2 comments:

  1. I want to offer a quick PSA: I think pigs might be like monkeys. Don't be all: "Hey, piggie, look at the camera!" Okay? Be careful!

    I should write a sequel to the mountain lion poem in which I offer instructions on handling monkeys and pigs in southeast Asia.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, good advice. I would LOVE a poem like that.

    ReplyDelete